QED has a vacancy for a Specialist Accountant with IFRS experience to assist a range of clients across Africa. We are looking for a newly qualified CA(SA) with experience in IFRS from the insurance or financial Industry. This position will give the candidate the opportunity to work with multi-disciplinary teams in implementing IFRS 17 across Africa. The role will also offer the successful candidate exposure to other life insurance consultancy work. The candidate will report directly to the IFRS 17 Associate Director who heads up the IFRS 17 team.
- Assist clients across Africa with the development of their IFRS 17 chart of accounts and the mapping of these accounts to the IFRS 17 quantitative disclosure notes.
- Assist clients with the level of aggregation appropriate for the general ledger and disclosure.
- Create the customised mapping for client’s chart of accounts to the RiskIntegrity™ IFRS 17 software master accounts.
- Validation of the journal postings produced by the RiskIntegrity™ IFRS 17 software for various clients.
- Interact and communicate with clients and the client’s auditors.
- Interact with other IFRS 17 specialists including IT and Actuarial functions.
- Assist clients to draft IFRS 17 disclosure notes for their annual financial reports.
- Assist clients to identify the new controls, reconciliations and other validations that need to be embedded into new IFRS 17 systems and processes.
- Develop and enhance training material for accounting aspects of IFRS 17.
- Train clients and their stakeholders on the accounting aspects of IFRS 17.
- Test new RiskIntegrity™ IFRS 17 software releases to guide clients.
- Manage the billing process for IFRS 17.
- Educational level: CA(SA)
- 1-2 years post article experience in Insurance or Financial Service Industry
- IFRS 17 experience (preferable)
- RiskIntegrity™ IFRS 17 software experience (preferable)
- Excel advanced experience
- An understanding of IFRS 17 from an accounting perspective
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Analytical and critical thinker with problem solving attitude
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Ability to take ownership
- Must be able to work independently in highly pressurized environment
- Willingness to travel to non-South African based clients from time to time
- Permanent Position
- Salary: Market related