QED is expanding and currently has a vacancy for a qualified CA– Strategic Corporate Finance. This is a senior manager position. Experience in IFRS from an insurance or financial Industry will be an added advantage. This position will give the candidate an opportunity to work with multi-disciplinary teams in implementing IFRS 17 across Africa. The role will also offer the successful candidate exposure & growth to other life consultancy work.
The initial responsibility for this position will be to assist and support a range of clients across Africa with the implementation of their IFRS financial statements to comply with IFRS 17. The future responsibility of this role will be to design and develop QED’s strategic finance corporate offering.
- Assist clients across Africa with the development of their IFRS 17 chart of accounts and the mapping of these accounts to the IFRS 17 quantitative disclosure notes
- Assist clients with the level of aggregation appropriate for the general ledger and disclosure
- Valuations under various accounting standards, including IAS 19, US GAAP, IFRS 2, GRAP 25
- Create the customised mapping for client’s chart of accounts to the RiskIntegrity ™IFRS 17 software master accounts
- Validation of the journal postings produced by the RiskIntegrity ™IFRS 17 software for various clients
- Interact and communicate with clients and the clients’ auditors
- Interact with other IFRS 17 specialists including IT and Actuarial functions
- Assist clients to draft IFRS 17 disclosure notes for their annual financial reports
- Assist clients to identify the new controls, reconciliations and other validations that need to be embedded into new IFRS 17 systems and processes
- Customise training material for IFRS 17 accounting aspects
- Train clients and their stakeholders on the accounting aspects of IFRS 17
- Testing new RiskIntegrity ™IFRS 17 software releases to guide clients
- Manage the billing process for allocated IFRS 17 clients
- Accountable for own budget targets in the consulting space
- Design and develop QED’s strategic corporate finance offering into areas such as governance, assurance, financial due diligence, mergers and acquisitions to name but a few.
- 7-10 years’ experience in Assurance or Financial Services Industry.
- CA(SA) is a must have.
- A thorough understanding of IFRS, from an accounting perspective.
- Experience in corporate finance in a consulting environment.
- RiskIntegrity ™IFRS17 software experience(preferable).
- Excel advanced experience
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Analytical and critical thinker with problem solving attitude
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Ability to take ownership
- Must be able to work independently in highly pressurized environment
- Willingness to travel to non South African based clients from time to time