The General Insurance consulting team assists clients in 19 countries across Africa on a range of projects varying between statutory and HAF appointments, IFRS17 implementations, new product designs and complex pricing models. We are currently looking to fill an Assistant Manager role providing actuarial and technical review and assistance. The same division is responsible for Enterprise Risk, Capital Management and Data Analytics. Although the preference is for this role to be based in Mauritius, we will also consider applicants from Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos.
- Calculation and review of technical provisions including IBNR, UPR, AURR etc.
- Capital Modelling
- Product pricing and design, including working with GLMs
- Reinsurance reviews and optimisation
- Asset liability modelling
- Expense analyses and profitability assessments
- Drafting reports and communications
- Supporting the consulting actuary
- Actuarial assistance and support on IFR17 projects
- Performing market studies and research
- Maintain and improve client relationships
- Provide technical advice to General Insurance clients across Africa
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in General Insurance, either in pricing, capital modelling or valuations. IFRS 17 experience an advantage.
- Good progress with exams with most or all CT exams passed
- Experience with ORSA’s, valuations and solvency calculations will be beneficial
- Strong actuarial technical skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated
- Ability to work to a deadline and give regular feedback on progress.